310 SHAKE REVIEW
Let’s start by saying that our team of writers were really keen to give this particular product a go. We’re big fans of tasty, healthy, meal replacement drinks and this is exactly how the 310 meal replacement positions itself. Eager to put this product to the test to see how it matches up with others on the market – Kelly and Becky , our nutrition writers, (along with the help of some trusty participants) got to work straight away on their analysis – the results of which we’re super excited to share with you.
Before detailing what we found, we should tell you a little more about the product, its claims and what makes it so different. The company states that the 310 Shake is very different to other shakes on the market due to its makeup. This product is not just about missing meals and replacing it with something less substantial, instead, the team at 310 Shake have done heaps of research and have made sure that their recipe includes some vital ingredients that make all the difference. Basically, the 310 meal replacement is based on years of research – the result of which is a special mix of proteins which they have entitled The Tri-Plex blend. This key ingredient consists of milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate which they believe are essential components in helping dieters accomplish their weight-loss goals. They’re also quick to point out that their shakes include all natural ingredients and are produced in conditions that are FDA-regulated which is a huge plus for us when considering these as healthy meal replacement drinks.
What You Need To Know
So, as well as the Tri-Plex protein which gives this shake its unique appeal, the supplements also contain fiber, vitamins and natural sweeteners, and come in a variety of yummy flavors such as the 310 Shake Vanilla, 310 Shake Chocolate, 310 Shake Strawberry, 310 Shake Salted Caramel (Becky’s favourite!), 310 Vegan Chocolate and 310 Vegan Vanilla. Check out the full range here. It’s worth pointing out here that none of the participants working with Becky and Kelly were actually vegan but many remarked that the vegan flavors were no different to the others in terms of quality and enjoyed both of the vegan variations. Another important nutritional aspect to note is that these shakes are completely soy free. There’s been a lot of information in recent years about concentrated soy protein being hazardous to your health (contrary to previous beliefs of it being a pretty healthy option). The soy-free factor was music to our ears; as we, like most health-conscious consumers prefer to avoid any dietary substance of a controversial nature. For that reason, the 310 Shake gets another thumbs up.
So, how good are the 310 shakes and do they really work?
Our group of participants (which included busy mums and office workers) followed the instructions on the tin by having a serving of a tablespoon, twice daily. The majority of our participants appreciated the thick-shake consistency and some chose to mix it with other drinks, tailoring the taste to their individual palate. There were differing opinions on the taste which may simply be down to personal preference. But with plenty of flavors available to try, we’re sure there’s something across the range for everyone to enjoy.
Almost all participants agreed that the shakes left them feeling fuller for longer, with increased energy levels throughout the day. The majority also found that they had lost weight, some more than others depending of course on the rest of their diet and exercise regime – making this a good time to remind anyone wanting to incorporate products of this nature into their diet that this should by no means substitute a decent exercise plan and healthy diet. Our participants who worked towards their goals and used the 310 Shakes as intended, definitely saw a noticeable result.
What about the nutritional value in 310 shakes?
As mentioned previously, we’re huge fans of natural, healthy ingredients and the 310 shake ticks all the right boxes in this department. Here’s a quick summary of the nutritional benefits of the 310 shakes.
- Tri protein complex is a mixture of three types of protein. It includes milk protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whey protein concentrate. These three proteins provide essential amino acids needed by the human body.
- Fiber blend is a mix of three different fibers; Xanthan gum, Fibersol 2, and Cellulose gum. Fibersol 2 is non-digestible; therefore, this is no provision of calories. It helps you to lose weight and stay slim.
- Vitamin blend contains vitamins necessary to the body and ensures you get enough antioxidants. The vitamins present include vitamin A, C, E, B6, B12, D, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, and pantothenic acid.
- 310 Shake contains salt.
- Other ingredients include pea protein, monk fruit extract, and also Stevia leaf extract.
310 Shakes come with a healthy and thicker consistency, which can also be mixed with other drinks if desired. Low calories and high protein content make it a great choice, and it’s also excellent for suppressing your hunger.
310 Shakes contain 16 vitamins and minerals (approximately):.
- Vitamin A: Improves eyesight and skin quality.
- Vitamin B: Enhances nerve cells and muscles
- Vitamin E: Protects the liver and brain functionality.
- Vitamin E: Protects the liver and brain functionality.
- Vitamin C: Helps the immune system to fight disease.
- Vitamin B6: Important for protein synthesis in the body.
- Vitamin B12: Increases production of red blood cells.
- Vitamin D: Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Biotin: Good for skin and nails.
- Riboflavin: Boosts strength and the ability to burn fat.
- Pantothenic acid: Helps to convert food into energy.
- Calcium: Improves circulation and strengthens bones.
- Iron: Promotes healthy blood, therefore, increasing energy.
- Phosphorus: Enhances bone strength and improves muscle growth.
- Magnesium: Supports vital organs such as the heart and kidneys.
- Niacin: Increases good cholesterol and contributes to lower levels of bad cholesterol.
How Shake 310 Works
Fat Burning / Binding
Caffeine is an ingredient in the 310 Shake that is related to fat burning, although this can only actually be tasted in the Mocha 310 Shake. There are two different ways in which caffeine helps burn fat. One is by increasing levels of a chemical called epinephrine, commonly known as adrenaline. This chemical reaches fat tissues via the bloodstream. It then commands the fat tissue to break down. So, this means that an increase in levels of adrenaline should result in more fat burned. Caffeine also sends a signal to the fat cells, instructing the fat cells to start breaking down; this should result in weight loss.
- The 310 Shake has virtually no fat and sugar. One serving contains less than 1g of sugar and 0g of fat. This makes these shakes very healthy and an excellent choice for people who follow a low-fat and low-sugar diet.
- The 310 Shake is a soy free meal replacement shake (a point we love about this product) and the range has some tasty vegan alternatives to cater for those opting for a plant-based diet.
- Excellent for suppressing hunger. The Tri-Plex protein profile that is present in the 310 Shakes helps to keep you full for up to 4 hours, with an average between 2-3 hours.
- High in protein. 310 Shakes contain 15g of protein per serving – the highest ratio of proteins that have been seen in a meal replacement.
- Low in calories. There are only 90 calories per serving. Again, great for weight loss.
- For some, the taste takes a while to get used to. Although, you can easily mask the taste by mixing with fruit and other sweeteners.
- 310 Shakes are one of the most expensive replacement shakes we have reviewed so far – but, in our opinion, definitely money well spent.