THE 10 MINUTE TRAINER REVIEW
The 10 Minute Trainer is an excellent daily workout from Tony Horton. Why is it excellent? Because it allows for time-poor people to work out effectively without spending hours in the gym or committing to a club membership that you’ll simply never get around to benefiting from.
This brilliant find utilizes a strategy known as Super Stacking, which involves working out your legs, arms, core, shoulders, and cardiovascular system in an efficient 10-minute routine. Jason, our junior writer, was put through his paces – along with some of our regular participants – to find out just how effective this workout plan really is. The findings are interesting so we’ve put together the group’s feedback to provide you with an honest 10 Minute Trainer review for you to determine if this is something that could work for you.
Elite trainer of Beach Body fame, Tony Horton, is one of the most influential health experts in the world of personal training and it is Tony who has produced this time-saving product.
The way the program works is by focusing on one muscle at a time in order to achieve the results you desire. The regime is designed to work your upper & lower abdominal muscles as well as your core from “all feasible angles” in just 10 minutes. Sounds impossible, but this workout seems to be proving its worth. The 10 Minute Trainer is based around the claim of recent research which states that a one ten-minute training session could burn off as many calories as a 30-minute run. As workaholics and busy moms rejoice at this news, Jason found it pretty hard to believe, so – eventually – we managed to persuade our fitness-shy intern to give it a whirl and see how realistic this claim really was.
After completing the workout, all skepticism was gone. Jason was surprisingly impressed. After just one week, not only did he feel as though his muscles were working continuously throughout the day but his overall fitness-levels were much improved. Like Jason, if you’re a newcomer to regular exercise and/or have previously been in bad shape, the 10 Minute Trainer might just be the program to get you back on track. As our group found, this program can certainly help you to shed some pounds and maintain a good level of fitness whilst only giving up a little of your time each day. Having tried a number of other workouts from the Beach Body series (check the Amazon reviews here), we found some similarities. In the 10 Minute Trainer, Tony Horton features popular components of P90X and Shaun T’s Insanity workouts, however, these are presented in such a way that makes it possible for everyone of all fitness levels and lifestyles to accomplish.
As mentioned above the workout plan uses a unique method called “Super Stacking”. This means that the exercises work out small groups of muscle tissues simultaneously in order to achieve more results in less time. For instance, push-ups workout your whole upper body, as well as pectoral muscles, shoulders, triceps, biceps, back, and core. Instead of carrying out seven completely different workouts for each these muscle tissues, you only need to do one to work out them all. (We liked the sound of this already!) This also helps you burn off more calories in far less time. Some of our group members who started it expected the 10 minutes to fly by but, on the contrary, they reported it to be a lot harder than they had initially thought. The DVD workout does sell the idea of 10 minutes being so short a period that anyone can do it. Wrong! There were a couple of participants who actually dropped out of the plan because it was a lot harder than they had expected. Some might see that as a bad thing but we truly believe that to achieve maximum results, you have got to put in the effort. So expect to be pushed to your limit with this daily workout and you will definitely be satisfied with the outcome.
So far, our group have not completed this workout for the full 60 days but Jason, for one, has every intention to continue as he was able to see results pretty quickly which is encouraging him to keep it up. For Jason, this workout has become enjoyable once he noticed the difference in his energy and fitness levels and knowing that in ten minutes he can carry on with his day. A 60-day timeline is actually a good timeframe to decide if this workout is for you, as The 10 Minute Trainer offers a 60-day money back guarantee (via this link) if you are not completely satisfied. That’s something else we love about this product. They are 100% confident that their program works and our research shows that there are many others that agree. As well as our own study, we checked out some other reviews on Amazon too (right here) and found that most were in agreement, giving the 10 Minute Trainer 4-5 stars out of 5. Confirming to us that all of these people can’t be wrong, so it must be worth a try!
- 10 Minute Trainer consists of five workouts, which come in a set of five standalone DVDs. Each workout is just 10 minutes long with an extra two-minute warm-up at the start to avoid injury and encourage the best results. The individual workouts are titled Cardio Workout, Lower Body Workout, Yoga Flex Workout, Total Body Workout and Abs Workout.
- The 10 Minute Trainer includes a resistance band kit.
- A cardiovascular belt is also included.
- A custom-made workout calendar and the Quick Results Guidebook.
- 10 Minute Daily Meals Nutritional Guide, a two-day head start plan, as well as a set of 10-minute workout flash cards – we find that these are so important as with any plan. A healthy diet should go hand-in-hand with any exercise routine and this particular plan is easy to follow.
- 24/7 online support and accessibility to a direct streaming workout.
- An advanced work schedule to help fit the extra workouts into your pre-occupied schedule.
There are definitely more pros than cons to the 10 Minute Trainer Package and almost all of them boil down to what your personal fitness requirements are.
- The program offers brief workouts that can be done anytime.
- The program is flexible and workouts can be mixed in various ways to provide you with something different each day.
- You can perform the 10 Minute Trainer program many times, increasing the length of your workouts and the level of intensity each time if desired.
- BeachBody often provide you with a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee that enables you to return the program if you’re not happy. In this case, it’s a 60-day money back guarantee – even better!
- The program consists of resistance bands, which you can use while seated at your desk at work or even when watching television. It offers you a way to work out wherever you are and however time-poor.
- The 10 Minute Trainer is perfect to take along with you while travelling so you don’t skip a workout.
- The workout is made for newbies and perhaps not intense enough for those more experienced fitness folk who are seeking more.
Best 10 Minute Trainer Review
DIFFICULTY - 80%
END RESULTS - 96%
VALUE FOR MONEY - 100%
Generally, choosing whether or not you should go ahead and buy the 10 Minute Trainer depends on your personal circumstance. If you don’t have much time for exercise, this program is a definitely one for you. It is also ideal for those starting out or getting back in to a regular exercise regime. The 10 Minute Trainer provides you with a better workout than a simple stroll in the park or treadmill as it will challenge your entire body. Your energy levels are likely to be improved and it can help with overall body toning, since the workouts focus on all muscles throughout the week.