HelloFresh delivers healthy meals to your door. You avoid long lines at the supermarket, eliminate waste and do not have to concentrate on creating meals each week. HelloFresh uses a dietician to analyze the nutritional value of each meal. This eliminates worry on your part that your dinner will be high in fat or sodium. Most of their recipes fall within healthy guidelines. However, a few are high in fat content, so make your selections with your personal calorie and nutritional requirements in mind. The foods are fresh and use a variety of meats, vegetables and sides such as potatoes and rice. Each recipe card is clearly labeled with nutritional content, time of preparation, time of cooking, adjustments for larger or smaller portions, the required cookware and leftover suggestions. Plus, you can view the menu cards on line before you sign up for the service. This eliminates any confusion or worry that you will not be able to prepare the meals.
HelloFresh offers three weekly meal plans: Classic; Vegetarian; Family. The Classic at-home meal delivery plan feeds between 2 and 4 people and costs $9.99 per meal. If you select the Classic plan, you choose from 6 weekly recipes and opt into the 3, 4 or 5 meals per week package. The Veggie plan serves between 2 and 4 people and also costs $9.99 per meal. With the Veggie plan, you receive 3 meals per week, but do not have a choice in which recipes to select. The Family plan feeds 2 adults and 2 children and costs $8.74 per meal. You receive 3 meals each week, but again, do not have a choice between recipes. The weekly food delivery service evaluates the meals to ensure your balanced nutritional needs. This removes guesswork when preparing your own menus and caring for growing children.
This meal delivery service ranks their recipes by difficulty level. Level 1 recipes require little multi-tasking and 1 to 2 pots and pans. These are best if you have limited time to prepare your meals and are not confident using a variety of cooking techniques. Level 2 recipes are of medium difficulty level and require more multi-tasking and concentrated effort than level 1. Level 3 recipes are for more adventurous chefs and require focus while using a variety of ingredients. You can cancel your meal delivery service at any time or cancel your weekly order within 5 days of delivery. You are not locked into a contract with HelloFresh so you do not have to reach any minimum financial or meal requirements.
How HelloFresh Works
First, you select the number of people that will be enjoying the home delivered meals. Second, you choose how many meals you would like delivered each week. If you have chosen a Classic plan, you hand-pick your recipes from the 6 available each week. Otherwise, your meals are chosen for you and sent on the day and time you decide. The meals arrive packed to stay fresh until you get home and place them in the refrigerator or freezer. When ready to cook, simply follow the recipe card and you are on your way to a delicious, fresh meal. HelloFresh assumes you have basic ingredients such as salt, pepper, sugar, oil and butter. They will provide all the rest and in the proper amounts to avoid any waste.
April Lehman, a speech pathologist at a Michigan public school system, was given a free HelloFresh trial. Ms. Lehman says “It was easy to order online and I got to substitute a meal out because I’m not a fish fan.” She says that a fish meal is typically included in the weekly menu, so be mindful to make your selections if you are not a seafood fan. Ms. Lehman spoke highly about the process too saying “The food arrived in a large box, with ingredients for each meal and easy to follow recipe cards. Making meals wasn’t too complicated.” However, since Ms. Lehman was cooking for one, she discovered a lot of leftovers and a delay in the cooking time. “With it taking the entire week to get through, some of the ingredients ended up going back, so I contacted them via their website and they issued me a credit.”
- Fresh ingredients with high nutritional value.
- Nutritional content included on the recipes for easy allergy identification, calorie intake and nutrient values.
- Recipes are labeled by level to provide an idea of the difficulty.
- Plated cuts down on waste. For instance, instead of buying a canister of nutmeg, Plated sends you the exact amount needed to season your meal.
- No contract required and you can cancel at any time. You can change your delivery day or pause your services when needed. Access is also available on your smartphone.
- Vegetarian and family options available.
- Menus are visible on line before you order the food.
- Good customer service.
- HelloFresh provides only the amount of food that is required to eliminate waste, yet allow for leftovers.
- Discount for your first meal.
- Free shipping.
- A limited variety of recipes from which to choose especially if you select the Family or Veggie plan.
- Delivery is not available to Hawaii or Alaska.
- Cooking and preparation times may not be accurate. If you are a kitchen novice, you may need extra time to understand the recipe or find the correct utensils.
- Expect you to have salt, pepper, sugar, oil and butter.
To learn more, please visit www.hellofresh.com