IDEALSHAPE SHAKE REVIEW
One of the top meal replacement shakes is IdealShape. IdealShape says it all in its name. This shake is designed to help you reach your ideal shape by replacing one or two meals a day with their tasty drinks. This meal replacement shake for weight loss claims to curb your hunger for up to 3 hours. It also supplies 22 essential vitamins and minerals in each 33 gram scoop full of IdealShape Shake powder as shown in the diagram below:
IdealShape Calorie Content
The only way to lose weight is to create a daily caloric deficit. This means that the calories you eat must be less than what you use to exercise and sustain your life. For example, if your body requires 1,500 calories to sustain itself and you are walking 5 miles a day, you require 2,000 calories to live and move. To lose weight, you need to eat slightly less than 2,000 calories each day so your body uses stored fat as fuel for your activity. This is one reason why a starvation diet does not work. When your body senses you are in starvation mode, it holds onto fat and will burn protein and sugar for fuel instead. A meal replacement shake such as IdealShape helps you avoid the starvation trigger by keeping you full and supplying calories.
When you replace a higher calorie meal with a shake between 100 and 110 calories, you help create the calorie deficit needed to lose weight. Keep in mind that dietary meal replacement shakes are not a substitute for food. Even with the vitamins and minerals contained in IdealShape shakes, your body needs a variety of foods to stay healthy.
Each IdealShape shake contains approximately 100 to 110 calories. Here is a breakdown of the flavors of IdealShape shakes and the calories that correspond to each:
- Vanilla- 100 calories
- Chocolate- 100 calories
- Strawberry- 100 calories
- Mocha- 100 calories
- Chocolate Cream Pie- 100 calories
- Orange Cream- 100 calories
- Salted Caramel- 100 calories
- Cookies ‘N Cream- 110 calories. This is the only variety that is not gluten-free for those who have a gluten allergy or sensitivity.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter- 110 calories
Nutrient Composition of IdealShape Meal Replacement Shakes
When evaluating your meal replacement shake, examine the nutrient composition. IdealShape has a quality breakdown of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
- Fat- The fat content in each 33 gram scoop is approximately 3 grams with only 0.5 of this being saturated fats. Although you can find meal replacement shakes that do not have any saturated fats, IdealShape’s content is low.
- Protein- Each IdealShape scoop contains 11 grams of all-whey protein. This 30 percent ratio is good for a meal replacement shake. The whey protein is milk-based so if you require a dairy-free meal replacement shake search elsewhere. The whey protein may cause bloating or stomach discomforts, so concentrate on how you feel after you drink the shake to determine if it is a good fit for your body. The IdealShape web-site says that when you combine their shake with exercise, you burn more fat. When you exercise, you burn fat. When you build muscle tissue, you increase your body’s metabolism to burn more calories. The IdealShape shake is a meal replacement, not a fat-burning product.
- Carbohydrates- One of the best things about IdealShape is the low sugar content. Coming it at 1 gram of sugar, IdealShape can be used by people who have diabetes or others who require a low-carb or low-sugar diet. The fiber content is also acceptable. At 5 grams of fiber per serving, you do not need to pair this with a fiber-based snack to help your body process the meal.
- Sodium- On the high end, IdealShape protein shakes meal replacement has a high amount of sodium. For example, the chocolate powder contains 480 mg of sodium. The American Heart Association recommends an intake of no more than 2,300 mg a day. Since many foods contain sodium, if you have a condition that requires limited sodium intake such as high blood pressure, inflammation or Meniere’s disease, use caution and remember to total your daily sodium intake including what is in the IdealShape shake.
- Cholesterol- Being a milk-based protein means that the protein comes from an animal. All animal foods contain cholesterol. IdealShape has a low cholesterol amount of 30 mg per shake.
How does an IdealShape Shake Curb Hunger?
A meal replacement shake for weight loss is useful to reduce your calorie intake. IdealShape aims to take this a step further and says it will curb your hunger for up to 3 hours. It uses a potato protein to accomplish this. The protein, known as Slendesta, is taken from just beneath the skin of a potato. The goal with Slendesta is to increase your body’s production of cholecystokinin, CCK, which signals to your brain and body that you are full. The question remains, does IdealShape work? The research surrounding this potato protein’s benefits is not concrete, so we suggest evaluating how your body responds to it. If you are typically a hungrier person, you may feel that familiar gnawing feeling faster than others. Plus, your hunger level tends to increase with physical activity. When it comes down to it, to lose weight, you need will power to eat healthy foods within the correct portions. If the IdealShape shake gives you a head start toward your goals, use it as this starting point, but also learn to identify when you are hungry and when you are not.
Taste of IdealShape Shakes
The variety of IdealShape Shake flavors makes this an attractive choice. You feel as if you are splurging on dessert when you drink a shake that tastes like chocolate cream pie, cookies and cream or chocolate peanut butter. The tastes run true to their flavor. However, some users report the shakes being very sweet, which is unusual at only 1 gram of sugar per serving. The company promotes itself as being able to satisfy sweet tooths and offering dessert-like weight loss smoothies for daily use. You may need to add more water or milk to your mix to tone down the sweetness of the IdealShape Shake. You can also mix the powder into your favorite smoothie recipe to disguise some of the sweetness.
The Texture of IdealShape Shakes
One thing that can make or break a meal replacement is the texture. You do not want to drink a chalky, chunky, gritty shake for one or two meals a day. Even though you are substituting a food meal for a liquid one, you do not want to chew your shake. Plus, part of eating is to enjoy the taste, feel and smell of your food. Idealshape Shakes tend to run on the thin side. You do not have to worry about chunks in your drink, but it also does not foam up to the thickness of a milk shake. If you are using this on your own, try different milks such as coconut milk to enhance the thickness. Or, mix the powder with your already frothy smoothies.
Final Review of IdealShape Meal Replacement Shakes
An IdealShape Shake is one of the better meal replacement drink options. It uses real ingredients and supplies a variety of vitamins and minerals along with fiber. The high protein and low sugar content is an added bonus.
- Low cost
- Low sugar
- High protein
- High fiber
- Contains vitamins and minerals
- Curbs hunger
- 30-Day money-back guarantee
- Variety of flavors that contain your sweet tooth
- Very sweet taste
- Thin consistency
- High sodium content
- Questionable customer service