ISAGENIX SHAKE REVIEW
The best meal replacement shake fits easily into a healthy eating plan. The availability of shakes has grown over the past two decades with society’s increasingly busy schedule. Meal replacement shakes are convenient and you can transport them to all your daily activities. If you tend to rush out of the door every morning and miss the energy-boosting and mind-enhancing benefits of breakfast, a meal replacement shake such as Isagenix saves you from hunger, fatigue and weight gain. Meal replacement shakes for weight loss such as Isagenix, replace a high calorie meal with limited calories and portions to take the guesswork out of your meal plan. The diet shakes are helpful if you have difficulties with monitoring calories, choosing appropriate portion sizes or skipping meals. Mixing one or two shakes a day provides a strict calorie intake and once you finish the shake, your meal is complete.
Does Isagenix work for weight loss? At 240 calories per meal replacement shake, Isagenix falls within an acceptable range of calories that should keep you feeling full but not add weight. The nutrient ratio of the shake is also within healthy limits, plus Isagenix does not use any artificial colors, sweeteners, flavors or preservatives. Isagenix meal replacement system offers a 30-Day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the taste, results or convenience of the shake. Isagenix is promoted as a weight loss supplement in the company recommends you replace 1 or 2 meals a day with their drink. However, you can also use Isagenix to help with weight gain when you use the shakes as between meal snacks so you can eat every 2 to 3 hours and increase your calorie intake. Others use Isagenix to ease digestive concerns or provide essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients during illness recovery. The IsaLean shakes by Isagenix have a variety of uses and are easily mixed with the smoothies you already prepare to increase your protein or calorie intake.
Isagenix IsaLean Calorie Content
2 scoops, 61 grams, of Isagenix IsaLean powder for your meal replacement shakes supplies 240 calories. When you use the shake to replace a higher calorie content meal and combine your new eating habits with a daily exercise routine, you most likely will lose weight. Keep in mind whatever you add to your IsaLean powder, other than water, adds calories. For instance, if you mix the power with milk or fruit, you are adding calories to the already slightly high 240 calories per shake. 1 cup of 2 percent milk contains approximately 122 calories. A half of a banana is approximately 53 calories. Now, your shake is up to 415 calories. In comparison, 3 pancakes from a popular fast food restaurant total approximately 340 calories. If calorie counting is your primary reason for selecting the Isagenix meal replacement system, be wise when preparing your IsaLean shakes so you to not inadvertently increase your calorie intake. If you are using the shakes for nutrient supplementation, be sure your shake has the essential vitamins and minerals you desire.
When you replace a higher calorie meal with a shake between 100 and 110 calories, you help create the calorie deficit needed to lose weight. Keep in mind that dietary meal replacement shakes are not a substitute for food. Even with the vitamins and minerals contained in IdealShape shakes, your body needs a variety of foods to stay healthy.
Each IdealShape shake contains approximately 100 to 110 calories. Here is a breakdown of the flavors of IdealShape shakes and the calories that correspond to each:
Nutrient Composition of Isagenix Meal Replacement Shakes
Isagenix uses quality foods from sustain resources to ensure the deliciousness and effectiveness of your meal replacement shakes. Isagenix IsaLean shake provides 23 vitamins and minerals. These include:
- Vitamin A- improves immunity and cell function
- Calcium- improves heart function and bone growth
- Vitamin D- helps absorb calcium
- Vitamin C- improves immune function and reduces fatigue
- Iron- produces hemoglobin and energy
- Thiamin- enhances nervous system and muscle system functions
- Vitamin E- binds free radicals and improves immunity
- Riboflavin- transports electrons and aids in energy production
- Niacin- promotes good cholesterol levels
- Vitamin B6- converts carbohydrates into energy
- Folate- improves mood and brain function
- Vitamin B12- improves brain function and increases red blood cells
- Biotin- for healthy skin and nails
- Pantothenic Acid- converts food into energy
- Phosphorus- enhances bone and muscle repair
- Iodine- supports thyroid functions
- Magnesium- for a healthy heart and strong kidney function
- Zinc- improves respiratory and immune system functions
- Selenium- binds free radicals and may reduce cancer risk
- Copper- energy levels and healthy blood and nerve function
- Manganese- enhances bone strength and function
- Chromium- lowers blood sugar, insulin and cholesterol
- Molybdenum- an amino acid metabolizer
IsaLean by Isagenix used to replace a meal, combines a healthy balance of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. When replacing real food with a liquid meal replacement, consider what each drink provides so your body can use the supplement as food. Whenever you make food choices, select ones that your body can use. For example, protein is necessary for muscular functions and carbohydrates are used to supply energy. Even fat has a place as organ function depends on adequate fat intake. A break down of IsaLean’s nutrients follows:
- Protein- Isagenix provides 24 grams of protein in 2 scoops of powder for your meal replacement shake for weight loss. Protein is used for muscle building, so combine your meal replacement shake system with daily exercise to get the most benefits. The protein source in IsaLean’s shakes is whey which is a milk-based protein. The company claims to use milk from cows not treated with antibiotics or hormones. The protein in IsaLean supplies important Amino Acids such as:
- Fats- Each 250-calorie IsaLean shake contains 6 grams of fat. While this is less than 30 percent of the total calories, IsaLean also contains 2 grams of saturated fat. Saturated fats are not as readily used as energy, so you should limit your daily intake of them to avoid your body turning them into fat storage.
- Carbohydrates- The carbohydrate content of IsaLean comes in at 24 grams. 24 grams is nothing to worry about. However, the sugar content of IsaLean is 11 grams per serving. This is slightly higher than some of the competitive meal replacement shakes. If you have diabetes or have been instructed to consume a low-sugar diet, IsaLean does not fit into your requirements. Always speak with your physician regarding the best sugar levels for your health needs.
- Fiber- 8 grams of fiber are in each IsaLean meal replacement shake, so there is no need to combine it with fruit or a handful of nuts. Your body will use the fiber to aid with digestion and to keep you feeling fuller longer. If you discover any digestive concerns from the IsaLean shakes, increase your water intake to help ease the issue.
- Sodium- IsaLean shakes contain approximately 265 mg of sodium. This easily fits into daily dietary recommendations to keep sodium intake below 2300 mg. Here’s where water is also helpful to flush your system of excess sodium. If you experience any inflammation or bloating from the IsaLean shake, you may need to switch meal replacement shake brands or increase your daily water intake.
- Cholesterol- The whey protein in IsaLean is from an animal source. All animal products contain cholesterol. You receive 45 mg of cholesterol from one serving of IsaLean. Aim to keep your daily consumption of cholesterol less than 300 mg. Your doctor may recommend even less cholesterol if you have diabetes or have heart health risks.
Flavors of IsaLean Isagenix Shake
Isagenix does not let down in the flavor department. It also provides a kosher and non-dairy shake to fit your needs. The current flavors, according to the Isagenix’s web-site as of January 2017 include:
• Natural Creamy Vanilla- kosher
• Creamy Dutch Chocolate
• Creamy French Vanilla
• Strawberry Cream
• Rich Chocolate- Dairy-free
• Natural Berry Harvest- Dairy-free
• Vanilla Chai- Dairy-free
Isagenix flavors find great reviews for meal replacement shakes. The dessert-like flavors offer variety without being too sweet. Isagenix also has recipes to alleviate boredom which include flavors such as Banana Cream Pie- you add a half a banana, vanilla and almond extract to water and French Vanilla flavoring. Another mix is Mango Madness which uses slices of Mango and Isagenix’s Juicy Orange Amped. Just keep in mind, that any additions including milk to your mixture, adds calories and can limit your weight loss success. If your goal is weight gain, add as many fruits and milk to your drink as you like to increase the calorie-enhancing benefits. Fruits also have natural sugars, which in addition to IsaLean’s high sugar content may not be beneficial for everyone.
Texture of Isagenix Meal Replacement Shakes
You add 2 scoops of powder to mix your IsaLean meal replacement shake. The basic recipe mixes the powder with water or ice. The texture is slightly thicker than most meal replacement shakes, but you should not expect to encounter chunks, as the powder mixes easily. If you add the IsaLean powder to a smoothie, you probably will not notice a difference in texture at all.
Other Benefits of Isagenix
The Isagenix program is a complete weight loss system. You can begin using only the IsaLean shakes, but you can also incorporate their snacks into your daily eating plan. The Isagenix weight loss program provides healthy and tasty recipes that are low in calories to boost you toward your weight loss goals. Isagenix also has personal coaches available by phone to answer your individual questions and provide motivation to help you reach your fitness goals.
Limitations of Isagenix Meal Replacement Shakes
On it’s own, Isagenix seeks to replace one or two meals a day with nutrient-rich shakes. To reach your desired weight loss and maintain this weight loss for years to come, combine healthy eating habits with physical activity. In other words- eat less and move more. One of the drawbacks of using meal replacement shakes is that you do not learn portion control or healthy food selection skills. As you jump-start your weight loss with meal replacement shakes, use this time to gather information on how to make healthy food choices and which portions are ideal. For example, one serving of meat such as chicken, fish or steak is approximately the size of your hand. This is a handy tip when you are eating out and do always have access to your meal replacement shakes. Also, be aware of Isagenix side effects such as fatigue, headaches and stomach discomforts particularly if you have a lactose allergy or sensitivity.
Final Review of Isagenix Meal Replacement Shakes
To begin your weight loss journey, a meal replacement shake has a place. If you are asking the question “Is Isagenix safe?”, it is for the short term, but always check with a medical professional before beginning a meal replacement system. For the duration, learn how to eat healthy foods in moderate. Combine your IsaLean shakes with daily physical activity to increase muscle tissue, speed up your metabolism and burn fat. This will make your weight loss healthy while improving your overall health by lowering cholesterol, blood pressure and stress.
- Convenient meal replacement shake to be used at home or at work
- Travel packages to easily transport the protein powder
- Comes with a high content of protein
- Milk-based protein that is from antibiotic and hormone free cows
- 23 vitamins and minerals
- High fiber content
- Low sodium content
- Low cholesterol
- Personal coach
- Recipes to make your own flavors at home
- Offer a dairy-free option
- High sugar content
- Calorie intake slightly higher especially when mixed with milk or fruit