In an effort to make the selection of a meal replacement shake easier, we compare two of the top meal replacement shakes: Isagenix vs. Shakeology. Both meal replacement shakes have their benefits and drawbacks, much like any other choice you make. Take into consideration your personal needs, your goals, your budget and your conveniences to determine whether Shakeology or Isagenix is the best and most effective choice for you.
Advertisers try to convince you that their product is the best- that is their job. You need to weed through the factual information to determine if Isagenix or Shakeology meal replacement shakes will bring you the results you need. As a starting point, consider the following:
- Are you seeking weight loss? Then, calorie-counting is a large part of your day and selecting a weight loss meal replacement shake that is low in calories is top on your priority list.
- If you have special dietary concerns such as a gluten or lactose intolerance, pay special attention to the ingredients. Whey and casein proteins are milk-based so you want to avoid those if you have a lactose allergy or sensitivity.
- Gluten ingredients may be used as fillers and if you have a sensitivity will cause bloating and stomach discomforts.
Remove the packaging and examine the bare bones of the product, the company and the customer service to determine whether Shakeology or Isagenix is the best meal replacement shake for you. Both have value and those who use the products find success, but you need to determine which is best for you before you waste hundreds of dollars on a poor-tasting product that does not bring results.
Company Information for Shakeology Vs. Isagenix
The Isagenix company was co-founded by the John Anderson and the Coover family. It operates under Isagenix Worldwide, LLC.
- The company has won many direct-selling and other global concept awards and continues to use the latest in scientific research to fuel their weight loss IsaLean meal replacement shakes and products.
- You can purchase individual weight loss meal replacement shakes or a complete weight loss system that includes soups, weight loss cleanses and toxin flushes.
- Isagenix also has snacks such as bars, cakes and crackers.
- Their customer service includes the Isagenix representative who taught you about the products, a customer care department and also a coaching call with a nutritionist.
- You purchase your products online.
Shakeology products are brought to you by Beachbody, LLC.
- Beachbody delivers many weight loss products including the Shakeology weight loss meal replacement shake.
- Local Beachbody representatives sell you the shakes or you can purchase them online.
- Beachbody uses coaches to guide your progress.
- Beachbody encourages you to pair the Shakeology meal replacement shakes with their other weight loss workouts and products.
Appetite Suppressant When Comparing Isagenix Shakes Vs. Shakeology
If you are using your meal replacement shake to suppress hunger so you eliminate between-meal snacking, you want a product that keeps you feeling full.
- Isagenix uses quality whey protein from cows not treated with hormones or routine antibiotics. This milk-based protein keeps you feeling full in the same way a glass of milk will curb your hunger pains.
- Isagenix does offer a dairy-free option for those with lactose sensitivities or allergies.
- Isagenix infuses their meal replacement shakes with Alfalfa which is rich in minerals to keep you feeling not only full, but also energized.
- Sunflower and Olive oils supply healthy fats to also increase your feelings of fullness, plus you receive 8 or 9 grams of fiber with each shake. Fiber takes longer to digest and helps to suppress your appetite.
- Combine this with 23 vitamins and minerals, Isagenix IsaLean meal replacement shake suppresses your appetite without depleting your nutritional value.
In comparison, Shakeology uses the same approach of combining protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals to keep you feeling full.
- Shakeology uses a protein blend that also contains whey and flax seeds.
- The milk-based protein takes longer to digest and fills you up until your next meal.
- The flax seeds add fiber to also slow down and ease digestion. Shakeology adds prebiotics and probiotics to assist in digestion and reducing your food cravings.
- The added herbs such as maca root and astragalus naturally boost your health and are the largest difference between Shakeology and Isagenix to support your health as you lose weight.
- Shakeology also has 23 vitamins and minerals to boost your overall health.
Many users felt full after the Isagenix shake compared with the Shakeology meal replacement shake. Shakeology’s fullness benefits appears to vary between the flavors, so if you are using the shake to keep you full, Isagenix may be the better option.
Flavors and Taste
Isagenix stays solid with basic flavors that mix well with a variety of fruits and vegetables:
- Creamy Dutch chocolate
- Creamy French vanilla
- Strawberry cream.
In their dairy-free line, you select from:
- Natural creamy vanilla
- Natural berry harvest.
Users report good flavor that is not too sweet or overpowering. It easily mixes with other ingredients to provide a variety of flavors and keep you from getting bored with your meal replacement shake options.
Shakeology offers the basics and more:
- Cafe’ latte.
Shakeology has recipes to show you ways to combine their flavors and add your favorites such as almond milk or orange juice to the meal replacement shake.
Shakeology also offer two vegan flavors which are also dairy-free:
- Tropical strawberry
Some users report a delicious taste that is not overpowering while others say the taste is terrible. Most likely, mixing your Shakeology meal replacement shake with a fruit will deliver a better tasting drink.
Isagenix wins the taste category. While limited in the flavors, the taste appeals to more users.
The texture of your weight loss meal replacement shake goes a long way toward whether you will use it daily. The more ingredients you add to the top meal replacement shakes bring a better texture to fit your needs.
- Isagenix comes in a powder that you blend with your favorite milk, water or juice. IsaLean blends into a creamy meal replacement shake. It is best to keep it cold if you do not finish the entire shake as it may turn gelatin-like if left at room temperature. The powder in Isagenix is a fine powder that blends easily.
- Shakeology is also a powder that you blend. The powder grains of Shakeology are larger than Isagenix and may not blend fully. You may experience chunks in your shake or find a residue of powder on the blender. Much of this can be eliminated by selecting fruits such as bananas and strawberries to absorb the powder and camouflage the chunks.
Shakeology Vs. Isagenix meal replacement shakes are similar in nutritional value, but both have benefits.
Both Isagenix and Shakeology use Stevia, a natural plant-based sweetener, to sweeten their meal replacement drinks.
Isagenix and Shakeology both contain 23 vitamins and minerals to enhance your immune system and help make these effective and nutritious meal replacement shake options. With the similarities in nutritional content and the focus on healthy, natural ingredients, Shakeology and Isagenix deliver nutrient-rich meal replacement shakes that only vary slightly in calories, protein and fat content. Plus, these numbers differ depending on the flavor of the shake you select.
To compare and contrast these values, the Isagenix Dutch chocolate and the Shakeology chocolate were used.
- Isagenix contains 240 calories in a 61 gram serving which is 2 scoops. For a better comparison, use 1 scoop at 30.5 grams and 120 calories.
- Shakeology contains 42 gram serving at 160 calories.
Both have very similar calorie counts, but keep in mind the addition of fruit or beverages that may increase calorie intake.
- Isagenix contains 11 grams of protein.
- Shakeology contains 17 grams of protein.
Both are within the limits that you body can easily absorb and use.
Carbohydrates- Sugar and Fiber
- Isagenix’s top meal replacement shake contains approximately 6 grams of sugar and 4 grams of fiber.
- Shakeology contains 6 grams of sugar and 6 grams of fiber.
Again, both are comparable and keep the sugar grams less than the protein, which is another key when selecting a quality meal replacement shake.
- Isagenix has 3 grams of fat. At 120 calories, this is less than 30 percent fat, which is beneficial for healthy weight loss.
- Shakeology has 2 grams of fat, which is less than 20 percent at 160 calories. The less fat in Shakeology is preferred to prevent unnecessary fat storage.
Meal replacement shakes are to be used in place of your largest meal or two. The goal is to reduce your caloric intake so you lose weight. Both Shakeology and Isagenix work best when combined with healthy eating and exercise so your body continues to burn calories. If you have specific dietary concerns such as the need for a gluten-free, dairy-free or soy-free diet, some companies provide these options. Another key to look for is the addition of artificial sweeteners or colors that some people have a sensitivity to.
- Isagenix, while containing a milk-based protein, is soy-free and gluten-free. They also offer a dairy-free option for those with lactose concerns. IsaLean contains no artificial colors, sweeteners, preservatives or flavors.
- Shakeology is also made with a milk-based protein, but they offer a vegan option made with pea and quinoa proteins. The Shakeology meal replacement shake says it is gluten-free, but cannot be certified as a gluten free product. It also cannot claim to be soy-free since it is made amongst soy-based ingredients and cross contamination may occur. Shakeology does not use artificial flavors or sweeteners.
If you have specific dietary needs, Isagenix will be the best meal replacement shake for you. They guarantee a gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free experience to eliminate digestive issues.
Ease of Use
IsaLean by Isagenix comes in a plastic canister or in single-serving packets. Both are easily transported and the canister stays put on your cupboard shelf or countertop. The canister has enough powder for 14 meals, unless you use only 1 scoop instead of 2, then you can extend the use. The packets are available in a 14-day supply. You scoop the powder into a blender or shaker cup and mix it with water, milk, juice, ice or fruit. You can easily transport the beverage with you on the go.
Shakeology’s protein powder comes in resealable bags and single-serving bags. Each large bag has a 30-day supply. The convenience pack of single-servings contains enough powder for 24 days. Shakeology recommends using a blender and ice to get the best results when you combine their meal replacement powder with your other favorites such as juice and fruit. Just as easy to use and transport as Isagenix.
When you first begin using a meal replacement shake, substitute your largest meal with the shake. Start with this one meal a day to determine how your body reacts to the shake. It’s also best to check with your physician to determine your individual needs before you use a meal replacement shake and especially before you substitute two meals a day for added weight loss. For the cost comparison, we will look at the two chocolate flavors of meal replacement shakes.
- A 14-meal supply of Isagenix Dutch chocolate equals approximately $3.71 per meal. This is the price for the protein canister. If you use only one scoop, you can cut that in half.
- A 30-day supply of Shakeology’s chocolate meal replacement shake equals approximately $4.33 per meal. This is the price using the resealable bag.
Both are affordable and the cost of the shakes are typically less than what you would spend on one meal.
Use the information above to help you make the choice between Isagenix and Shakeology, but nothing compares to trying the product for yourself. Both companies are dedicated to helping others lose weight and strive to provide quality meal replacement shakes. Try not to compare yourself to others as you move toward your fitness goals and find the meal replacement shake that works best for you.