Martha Steward and Marley Spoon partner to bring you delicious, ready to cook meals to your door. The pre-prepared meals from Marley Spoon include dinner such as Sambal turkey meatballs and lentil and cauliflower soup. Marley Spoon presents 7 seasonal recipes each week and typically has a few vegetarian options. The company uses organic and sustainable foods as often as possible. The meats do not contain antibiotics or added hormones and the fish is wild caught. If you are searching for more than dinner, Marley Spoon does not provide breakfast, lunch or desserts. They focus on bringing quality to your evening meal for 2 or for a family of 2 adults and 2 children. Calories range between 600 and 900 for each serving.
The 2-person or family plan are your only options. The family plan includes kid-friendly recipes for you to make this an enjoyable and educational evening activity. Marley Spoon sends you everything you need to prepare your selected meals, but assumes you have basic kitchen staples such as salt, pepper, sugar, eggs and oil. Some recipes require course salt, so read the recipe before you order. You select from receiving between 2 and 4 meals each week. Marley Spoon gets a little confusing in their pricing. The prices are listed per serving, however, each recipe equals two servings. When you see the cost per serving, Marley Spoon seems reasonable, but then you realize the actual cost of the meal is twice the serving cost. For example, a 2-person plan that orders 3 meals each week equals $10.25 per serving. Your weekly total is $61.50. If you order 3 meals each week for a family of four, even at $8.90 per serving, your total for the week is $106.80. The minimum order each week is 2 recipes or 4 servings.
Marley Spoon ships for free and guarantees that your food will not be in transit for more than 24 hours. Your food arrives packed in ice and stays fresh in your refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you live in Hawaii or Alaska, you cannot have Martha’s meals delivered to your home.
How Marley Spoon Works
First, you select your meal plan from either a 2-person package or a family package. Then, you browse the 7 weekly recipes and select your favorites. The recipes contain all the information you need to prepare your meals when the ingredients arrive. The recipe cards also include calorie information and basic nutritional information such as the grams of protein, fats and carbohydrates. The card will show you which utensils are required to make the meal.
- 7 seasonal recipes from which to choose each week.
- Offers a few vegetarian options.
- Free shipping.
- Provides kid-friendly recipes with the family plan.
- Uses organic and sustainable foods when possible.
- Food designed in partnership with Martha Stewart for delightful presentation and delicious taste.
- The minimum weekly meal requirement is 2 meals or 4 servings.
- Marley Spoon instructs you to have sugar, eggs, oil, salt and pepper at home for their recipes.
- No breakfast, lunch or dessert. Marley Spoon focuses specifically on providing delicious meals for dinner.
- Does not ship to Hawaii and Alaska.
- Prices listed per serving which can be confusing. Each meal is equivalent to 2 servings.
- Limited vegetarian options
To learn more, please visit www.marleyspoon.com